Thursday, February 25, 2010

Red Rock Canyon 9.7.09 (Labor Day)

In the morning I got up to use the ladies room and the sky was just incredible!  The clouds were glowing this orange-pink color.  After everyone was up and packing up, we all noticed the fresh snow on top of the mountains around us.  I have to admit I wasn't too thrilled about that.  But it was pretty.  I was ready for a warm shower and for Waterton.  But as we were leaving the campground Pat asked if we could drive down the road more to see what was at the end.  I admit I wasn't too thrilled about this either since I really just wanted to take a shower and relax.  I felt like I was getting a cold, so I wasn't feeling the greatest.  But I am SO glad Pat suggested we travel down the road because when we pulled into a familiar parking lot it was like a flood of memories hit me.  We were at Red Rock Canyon in the Waterton Lakes National Park!  I remember going there when I was younger, but I couldn't remember what trip it was on. 

There was a chill in the air as we got out and inspected the canyon.

I LOVE walking through water, and this was the perfect spot to do just that, so I realized at this point that I would have to go back to the car to put my water shoes on.  I didn't care that I didn't feel good or that the water was cold (it sure was!), I just wanted to experience this!


We walked as far as we could.  There was a log jam between the rocks that prevented us from going farther.

No comments:

Post a Comment