Thursday, February 25, 2010

Montana/Alberta/British Columbia September 2009

This adventure began somewhere around the beginning of July when Pat and Sara emailed us asking if we would like to take a last minute trip with them. Of course we did! We thought about a few different options of travel destinations, but we settled on going to Montana (Glacier National Park), Alberta, and British Columbia. Travel arrangements were made and on September 2nd we flew into Kalispell, Montana. Pat and Sara rented a vehicle and drove from Duluth, Minnesota and met us at the airport. While we were waiting for them, we rented a car for a few hours and drove around. Kalispell was a lot flatter than I pictured it. After we met them at the airport we drove to Applebee's for dinner. We did some shopping and then started to figure out where we should stay for the night. We ended up driving to (I believe) Columbia Falls where we stayed at a motel. In the morning we took off down the road to Glacier.


Quent and I with our few-hour rental.


I felt like a little kid who wanted to hang out in the tipi. It was pretty cool! This was right outside our motel.


Quent and I inside of the tipi.


Dragonfly outside of our motel room.

I picked out what I thought were some of the best pictures of our trip. And I tried my best to share the stories I could remember. I'm in the process of scrapbooking about our trip, too. I'm sure I left out stories in these blog posts, like the time Pat ran over Sara's foot at Lake Louise (he will never live that one down). Enjoy the photos and stories!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment