Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Randy & Laura 9.14.09

Years ago I told myself that the next time I was in Montana, that I would look up my dad's cousin Laura. We had visited her in Whitefish, Montana years ago and I thought she was such a neat person. I remember being envious of her not having a television in her home. She now lives in Kalispell with her husband Randy. Quent and I spent the evening with them. We went out on their boat with them for about an hour, had dinner with them, and just really enjoyed catching up on life. We felt so welcome there! Her parents, my dad's Uncle Bill and Aunt Midge, were flying in the next day, about the same time we were flying out. When we were in the airport they saw us and waved. I left the "secure" area to say hello. It was so neat to be in Montana and see family!





When we visited Laura those many years ago Matthew and I spent time outside playing. Matthew made/carved her a walking stick. She said she had something to show me and she brought out the walking stick. I almost started crying. It touched my heart that she kept it after all of those years.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment