Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Ryna Cabin


After Bob arrived with the key we attempted to unlock the door and get inside. The wind was really howling as it always seems to do in this area. Naturally, the lock was frozen. We had to use hot water to warm it up before the key could even be inserted. Then the door was frozen shut as it had been the first time we tried to get in. Fortunately this time around it opened without having to apply too much force.


Cribbage. While the stove warmed itself up, then the cabin, and finally us, we decided to play a game or two after to day's journey.


The following day we hiked up Andrews Creek. Bob left first and followed the right side, a few minutes later I left following the left side of the creek. After following fresh, really fresh, wolverine sign I ended up a mile or two upstream near a point where boats usually turn around. From there I started skiing up a slope I always wanted to hike when I suddenly noticed a moose! Almost simultaneously I noticed Bob was pretty close to it. I tried to signal to Bob that there was a moose nearby but he didn't quite seem to understand. The moose could tell Bob was there and trotted off into the woods. When I skied down and talked with Bob I found out that he had been even closer to the moose but it had hidden from him in the brush. After that I skied up stream several miles and turned around near these snow cushions.


Bob catches some rays along the stream bank.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment