Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day's End


After getting a portion of the way up the terminal moraine I turned and looked down the valley. I continued up the moraine before putting some ski tracks in the snow. The line I chose was near the top of the moraine so I didn't have to deal with any of the runnels that plagued most of the snow. All-in-all pretty good skiing.


By the time we got back down to the lake it was getting dark but the sun was still shining on castle mountain.


Here is a wider angle. The peak was lovely! I should have set up my tripod but by this time I was getting just a bit tired a sore from the day's journey. After we returned to Wrangell, Bob calculated that we had traveled 22 miles on skis that day. Sounds about right to me. It was an all day ski trip. At this point we were still about 5 miles away from camp.


By the time we got back to camp it was completely dark except for the stars shining in the sky. Even before going back into cabin I set up the camera and and let it fire a number of frames. When I got back in town I stacked the frames and ended up with this.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment