Monday, April 13, 2009

Another Day's Work


Self portrait. Yikes! I don't know what happened to that exposure, it got dark somehow. Must be those computer gremlins. I should fix it but then I would never get the rest of the trip's photos posted.


Bob muscles his way up over the snowbank. Getting over the snowbank was the toughest part of ascending. The snow would get in the face, down the jacket, and make it really tricky to slide the hardware up the rope.


Heading back to camp which was a bit over a mile off. Maybe it was more than that. It took a little while to get back. I feel as though I've adapted to judging distances in the mountains but my judgement on Shakes Lake was completely off. Everything was always farther off my initial estimate.


Looking back toward the glacier we had "worked" on throughout the day.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment