Friday, April 03, 2009

Hometown


I skied up to "Ptarmagin Point" (as it is known by some of my friends) to capture some shots of the town of Wrangell. This was soon after I had arrived at the top and set up my tent. (early January - I'm way behind on my blogging.) This was a long exposure and I utilized my flash to illuminate the interior of the tent. After a few tries I got one I liked.


It didn't take long for the horizon to darken. So composed this shot and set up my headlamp next to the tent in an effort to focus. The "live view" feature came in handy but I still fired a shot just to make sure everything looked the way I wanted it to.


Next I programed my remote timer and let it fire a number of exposures and then "staked" them in photoshop to get the long star trails. The light zig-zags are from my headlamp as I was cooking my supper.


The next morning I woke up in time to capture a few more shots of town with my tent.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment