Monday, April 13, 2009

Evening and Morning


After getting back to camp I immediately set forth on a journey across the lake and up the side of a ridge to get a view of Castle Mountain as the sunlight struck its flank. I noticed some cold air settling on the lake as I skied over but I didn't think much of it. At least not until I prepared to take a photograph and realized I couldn't see anything due to the frost that had formed my 70-200 the lens. I quickly switched to my 50mm lens and adjusted the composition to capture this photo. Not quite what I was after but I was happy to capture the moment.


As one might expect during a temperature inversion, fog settled in the valley bottom. It was neat watching the sunlight chase away the fog. The sun was very effective! Every morning there was a miniture celebration as the sun hit our camp. The rays were most welcome.


Meet Musty the muskox, Bob's pal who has seen more of the Stikine River than me. Musty was a member of last year's 150 mile Telegraph to Wrangell ski tour. Reportedly, he can really lay down some lines with his custom quad skis.


Here he is up close and personal.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment