Thursday, April 09, 2009

Hot Tubin'


After three nights of sleeping on Shakes Lake, what could be nicer that a long soak in the hot tubs? The answer? Nothing.


As I was leaving the tub (As a sure sign of superior intelligence Matt decided to spent the night at the tubs, while the rest of us left.) I saw this porcupine and tried to get its picture. It was mighty uncooperative and kept climbing higher and higher in the tree. I finally managed to get a silhouette but that was about all.


As I headed back to the cabin, terrific winds would blow me to the side and I would stumble and wonder why I wasn't spending the night at the hot tub. I believe this was the windiest day of the trip. Bob had climbed partially up a ridge and said that he was blown to his knees on several occasions. At least the wind was at my back as I went back to the cabin.


The following day Bob and I decided to do a traverse. We hiked up Alpine Creek making several sketchy crossings like this. The creek was beautiful. It would be fun to photograph it after a fresh snow or as the wildflowers bloomed in the summer.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment