Thursday, April 09, 2009

Feelin' Dare Devilish


After getting down the mountain we dropped our packs when we reached Alpine Creek and then headed upstream for a number of miles. At this point Bob was leading the way when I noticed this nice snow pillow on a boulder in the stream and thought that this had the makings of a good action photo. I called ahead to Bob and asked the simple question, "Do you feel dare devily?" I'm sure that whenever he hears me ask anything like that in the future he will run in the opposite direction, but this time he didn't know any better.


Not quite.


Uh-oh. Yes, he is standing on a little ice. Unfortunately it was very little ice. I felt so guilty at this point that I stopped taking pictures and ran ahead to try to help him off the ice before it broke through completely. I got up to him in time but there was no way for me to pull him off the ice before it finished breaking and dropped him into the water. After struggling in that spot for a few moments he finally had to wade upstream in his snowshoes before finding a suitable location to crawl out.


Wringing out socks. Good thing it was warm in the sunshine. But still...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment