Thursday, May 01, 2008

A Mountain to Ski


We woke up to a lovely but very cold morning. I slept with my goggles all night. I have no idea how cold it was but I usually don't have to sleep with ski goggles. I even slept with a nice pair of wool socks, another pair of wool socks, and my down "Christmas" slippers (Thanks Kelly! They are perfect!) to keep my feet feeling warm during the night. Oh, and that -15F sleeping bag. Needless to say, it was hard getting out of the bag. I finally found a compromise and hopped my way to breakfast without ever leaving my sleeping bag.


Hombi started making tracks up the mountain pretty early. It seemed like it was around 6:30am, not too long after the sun rose. Can you spot the tree guys ahead of me in this photo? (I'm not quite sure it is possible at this resolution.)


Looking back after making our way through some extra large ice cubes ice.


Solidarity Peak in its splendor.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment