Saturday, May 10, 2008

Ice Climbing


Nate said that we would do some ice climbing while I was in Wrangell-St. Elias NP. I quickly found out that Nate is a talented ice climber. It was to have someone with a lot of experience helping me learn the ropes. As we set out on this three day excursion (only planned on it being two days) we walked into this canyon. This was my first opportunity to view the waterfall we would later climb. I called this the "yellow" falls (220 feet or so) and immediately to the right behind the rock outcrop was the "blue" falls at about 150 feet.


Nate led the way up this pitch and fixed an anchor and rappelled down. I followed suit and here I'm actually on my down but stopped at the request of Hombi for this photo. Thanks Hombi!


Here is Reto scaling the blue falls.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment