Monday, May 05, 2008

Bedtime


Me and my camera, courtesy of Hombi.


Hombi getting ready for bed. He kept his tripod out hoping for the moonrise. He decided to go to bed instead of waiting for too long.


The evening colors hang in the southwestern sky after the sun has set. Right after this I started preparing to crawl into my sleeping bag when I looked up and saw a tiny sliver of the moon beginning to creep over a mountain ridge. I called Hombi and within a minute or two he was out of the tent and busy capturing the moonrise as well. He said that he had just crawled into his sleeping bag and got comfortable when I called him but wanted to see the moonrise enough that not even a warm sleeping bag could keep him in the tent.


Here is the moon after it rose a little higher in the sky. It was a good thing I slept outside, or I would have been oblivious to the rising moon. I'm not so sure I could have mustered the internal fortitude needed to abandon a warm sleeping bag if I had already crawled inside.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment