Friday, November 30, 2012

Blanket Time 11.17.12

We do this thing with Jeralyn called 'blanket time'.  I lay out a blanket with some toys, and right after breakfast she sits on the blanket for 20-25 minutes.  Since 13 months she has learned to stay on the blanket the entire time.  I set a timer and when it goes off I make a big deal about it and tell her she's "all done" with blanket time.  It took a lot of work and redirecting her to get to this point.  There were times it was frustrating to redirect her 20+ times, but it was SO WORTH IT!  Blanket time comes in handy.  For instance, I just used it when we were in an airport awaiting a flight.  I didn't have a blanket, so I used Quent's jacket.  I told her it was blanket time and she sat on it contently with toys and a snack.


No comments:

Post a Comment