Monday, November 05, 2012

A walk, shopping, and "Papa" 9.30.12

One of the mornings we were at my dad and Kelly's house I asked if we could go on a walk on this nature trail fairly close to their house.  We drove a short distance and walked on it together.  It was a really nice walk and it was so nice to see some more fall color (there wasn't as much as up north, but it was still a beautiful site to see).  The kids wanted to take turns carrying Jeralyn in the kid-carrier on their back. I thought they were brave to even put the pack on (Jeralyn was 24+ pounds at the time).  And then they impressed me with walking a fair distance with her on their backs.

Here is Jacob carrying her.


Then Katie took a turn.

Amanda and I.  Looks like she's almost as tall as I am.


And then Amanda took her turn.

Jacob climbing a tree.  It's always fun to watch Jacob and Quent interact in the woods.  They (Katie included) were up to all sorts of fun!  I spotted a snake on the trail.  I'm not afraid of them, but I did stop dead in my tracks and then called everyone over to see it.  By the way, we don't have snakes here in Ketchikan.

And then Amanda and I went shopping.  Whoohoo!  We both found some things we were looking for!  Score!  While were were shopping, Quent went raspberry picking with the rest of the family while my dad watched Jeralyn (she was napping).  Later that day Kelly made a batch of jam for us and sent it to us.  It's delicious!  



Jeralyn has eyes for her Grandpa.  She calls him "Papa".  When I was editing this photo earlier she kept saying, "Papa!  Papa!"  And then she saw Shelly and said her own version of the name.  She had a lot of fun with Papa.

So this is the end of our photos at the Keller residence.  The next morning we were off to a new place.

No comments:

Post a Comment