Monday, November 29, 2010

The End 9.9.10


Britta, Paula, and Dave standing on the float dock.


Steve, Dan, and Sarah coming down to greet us. They 'docked' near the ferry terminal since Steve and Dan would be leaving on the ferry the next day, and Sarah lives near the ferry terminal.



Quent spread out some of our gear to dry on the Molinek's lawn the day after our trip. Bob was curious and came to check out our gear.

It was bittersweet to see our trip come to an end. After we arrived in Wrangell on the 9th we all had dinner together at the Stikine Inn. First we headed to Bob and Helen's to take a shower. It felt wonderful! I told Quent that I even felt like putting a dress on just to feel feminine again (and I don't even like dressing up, so that's saying something). The trip was AMAZING! I was in Wrangell for a few days last week (I'm writing this November 29th) and when I was leaving on the ferry I looked out over the water where we had paddled in and I felt this yearning to touch that water with a paddle once again. I think the Stikine has made it's mark on my heart. Quent, now I understand.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment