Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Crystal Clear with a chance of MUD 9.7.10

Dave showed us the beloved clear waters in a slough that led us to some SWEET warm springs. Does one crave a nice warm bath or shower on such a trip? You betcha! Oh, and how I loved seeing the beautiful clear water flowing through this slough. How I wished the Stikine wasn't so silty so we could see into the water. A few of us found our way through this windy slough, until the water felt warm. We got out, dipped our feet into the warmth. Kim let us borrow his shampoo. Let me tell you, it felt wonderful to wash my hair! Ha! The water was so beautiful. So warm. It was this beautiful natural setting. I want to go back. In fact, this one single slough has created a desire in me to paddle somewhere that has clear water...and that's warm. Like maybe Hawaii? *cough*

After we were partially clean, we weaved our way back to the river and followed the rest of the group over some small rapids to our next camping spot across from the Great Glacier.




This 'mud' was perfect for stomping on. Quent got pretty deep! You gotta love those Xtratufs!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment