Sunday, July 11, 2010

50 years!! 4.9.10

After my grandparents found out I would be coming to Michigan in April, they decided to have an early celebration for their 50th anniversary (which was June 18th), with hopes that my brother, his wife, and their boys could come too.  It worked out that we all could make it, so the celebration started out with a Friday evening meal at a Japanese steakhouse.  It was a really neat experience and it was so great to see everyone and reconnect.  And the food was AMAZING!  This was the kind of restaurant where they cook the food in front of you.  That was a first time experience for me, unless Mongolian BBQ counts.  The kids enjoyed watching the cooks because they did fun tricks.  I enjoyed watching the expressions on their faces.

Afterwards we found a place in the mall where the Japanese steakhouse was to take family pictures.  The first two are my grandparents with their grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

My grandparents and their 3 children: Uncle David, Grandma, Grandpa, Dad, Aunt Mary

Their children with their spouses.

Matthew and Jessica had an idea to have the different generations of men in a photo.  I thought it was a great idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment