Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Evening


Our large boulder that helped shelter us from the wind, our camp is next to the boulder, and the lights of Wrangell in the distance. A lovely but cold evening.


I got bundled up in my sleeping bag to stay warm. I stuck a warm water bottle down by my feet and it was enough to keep me warm all night. If standard atmospheric conditions prevailed, it was between -10 and -5 degrees F. during the night. We ordered our shelter with a custom half cave that we stuck our heads under during the night. This kept the breeze off our faces which makes a big difference. (Photo courtesy of Nate.)


Too bad the camera batteries died, I wanted a little bit more in the way of star trails.


The next morning we got up to a beautiful glow on the horizon. Wrangell Mountain cast a long shadow over Fredrick Sound. Castle Mountain and friends were bathed with soft pink sunlight for a few minutes.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment