Friday, July 27, 2012

Seattle July 12-13, 2012

When I was pregnant I read a book called Babywise.  It's basically about infant sleep and having a routine/schedule.  I'm a routine kind of girl, so I was very interested.  Weeks after Jeralyn was born I joined a Babywise discussion forum online where I asked many questions and got to know a lot of the moms on the board.  Over time I began to help and encourage others.  Babywise has a whole series of books, from before birth until the teenage years.  I love the underlying philosophy of Babywise, their support of marriage, and the gentle approach of being consistent.  One of the ladies on the board suggested having a northwest coast meet-up in Seattle where she lives.  Seattle is about as close as I will ever get from Alaska, so I decided to go.  I surprised myself in wanting to go meet-up with women I had never met in person, and I'm so glad I went!  It was a short 2-day trip, but I enjoyed every moment of it!  And so did Jeralyn!  She did great on the flight there and back.

The evening I was there the ladies had a "girls night out" at The Spaghetti Factory in downtown Seattle.  We were at the restaurant for 3 hours visiting.  It was great!

This picture was taken shortly after we arrived on the 12th.

We had a play date with all of the parents and kids the next morning.  There were 8 moms, 2 dads, and 15 children.

Presley and Jeralyn

Jeralyn and Aubrey

All of us, minus the dads (and maybe some kids?)

It was warm (for us) there.  Lower 80s.  In the morning we heard thunder rumbling!





I'm so glad we went!  And I'm so thankful for the encouragement and wisdom from these ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment