Thursday, April 26, 2012

Why is she sad? 4.26.12

This evening we went for a walk with Jeralyn in her stroller.  We were heading home in our subdivision when a little girl probably around 7-8 years of age came running toward us and asked us, "Can I see your baby?"  So we strolled over to her and she was like, "Hi baby!"  It was super cute!  Jeralyn looked at her with that serious, observant, but content expression and the little girl asked, "Why is she sad?"  Half-chuckling, I said, "She's not sad, she's just checking you out and wondering who you are."  Then she did peek-a-boo and tried to get her to smile, which did work after a few attempts.  Jeralyn is her mother's daughter.  I wonder if she will be reminded to smile like I have been over the years by friendly folk intimidated by my serious expression.  She loves to be around people, but she is very observant--and her face shows it.

No comments:

Post a Comment