Saturday, August 18, 2007

2007 Goat Hunt


This year I wanted to hunt the mountains on the North side of the Stikine and I wanted the weather to be nice so I could enjoy the scenery. Well, I have control over where I hunt but the weather... Checked the forecast before I left and we were supposed to have one nice day (our hike up) but the rest of the hunt was questionable. Started out on a Thursday and came back Sunday. The little notch on the left hand side of the photo was our route.


We were dropped off by Breakaway Adventures and hiked through brush and timber to this point.

After breaking through the brush we had a relatively easy time crawling up and around boulders along this steep stream.


Well, there goes the stream. At this point we had to start walking on the snow pack. I was warned not to walk in the middle where the stream hollows out the pack. Good advice, especially when looking at it from this perspective.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment