Saturday, February 03, 2007

The Cave

I like this picture. It only took about seven tries but I finally stood still (for about one second) enough during this 16 second exposure.

My sleeping quarters. Pretty cozy until my air filled pad deflated during the night. I felt good enough to still be smiling in the morning.

The morning light of February second reveals my cave. The entrance was filled almost to the top with snow and then I put my pack on top of that to basically seal the opening for the night's sleep.

The view out my cooking vent.
 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Quent, these are awesome pictures. Since I'm not likely to make it up top in the winter (or summer) I really enjoy seeing your pictures of the snow cave, moon, and you with your pack on. Keep it up! Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! I LOVE that picture of you (the ghost-ish one) that is really cool! MAN ya'll got some DEEP snow!! :-D looks a lot different then it did when I hiked up there!

    ReplyDelete