Sunday, December 10, 2017

Eclipse 2017 :: August 21, 2017

Warning: Quent did not edit these photos.  He takes them in RAW format so then they have to be edited to JPEG.

In the morning, we drove a couple of hours toward Lake Cascade, Idaho, where we would have totality of the eclipse.  Quent wanted to go up higher in elevation to watch the eclipse, but we didn't have enough time to get up there.  We found a quiet and peaceful spot to view.



The kids attention span lasted a few minutes and then they were wondering when we would be leaving.  Oh kids!





The light was so fascinating.  It got darker and colder as the sun was more and more covered.












I took a video when it was in totality from my phone.  If I ever upload it to YouTube I will share the video.  I don't even know if words could describe how awesome this experience was.  I talked to my dad (who is into astronomy) shortly after this experience and I was just ga-ga over it.  It was amazing!  I couldn't believe how dark it got!  And when it was in totality, you could hear people from all over cheering.  It was eerie and just awesome all at the same time!  I'm so glad we experienced the totality of it, even if it was only a mere 40 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment