Saturday, December 26, 2015

Diana Mountain 7.25.2015

Headed out for a quick overnight trip to Diana Mountain after putting the kids to bed.  Made it to the top without having to put my headlamp on.  The following morning I headed down early and had to cross the broad plain between Brown, Diana, and Dude on my return.

This stream drains the lovely alpine lakes in this area.  I always enjoy walking through this area, it's so lush and green with smooth recently glaciated rock outcrops.

Oh, and then there are blueberries.  And more blueberries.  Endless blueberries.  The entire plain is covered with these delicious treats.  I obviously came prepared and later in the season I ventured up again as they entered their peak and filled up a backpack worth of containers full of blueberries - a favorite treat of the household.  The environment precludes any brush in the plain and all the blueberries up here are of the alpine variety and creep along the ground.  

Another view of the stream as the sun tries to illuminate the flank of Diana Mountain.  

No comments:

Post a Comment