Sunday, September 27, 2015

Jeralyn's 4th birthday party 8.22.15

It's so hard to believe that Jeralyn is 4 years old!  She really wanted a mermaid themed birthday party, so that is what we did our best to make it.  The mermaid love all started when they were "mermaids" for her ballet performance.  And then soon everything was all about mermaids and Disney's The Little Mermaid.

I thought this was a cute picture of Josh, so I'm posting it--even though it wasn't his birthday.  :)

Quent hung some streamers in the entrance of our hallway and the kids enjoyed walking and running through.

Me, braiding Jeralyn's hair before the party.


The "fish scales" cake.  I had looked on Pinterest for ideas and this is what settled in my mind.  It was my second time using fondant (the last time was for Josh's party with the paw prints on the cupcakes).  This was a little more "advanced" with using the fondant.  I'm not a big fan of the taste of fondant, but it's fun to create with it.  Jeralyn really liked her cake and she kept on thanking me for making her the cake.  So sweet!


This was the table centerpiece.

I came up with the idea to cover the windows with the streamers and to make it look like "under the sea".  I made cut out paper fish and starfish to be part of the decor.  Two windows were like this.  I have to admit that I have a lot of fun decorating for parties.  :)

My friend Samantha came over to help me prep the food.  So thankful for her help!

Swedish fish on finger jello.  It didn't look very appetizing to me, but the kids loved it.

I found an idea on Pinterest to make the dip bowl look like it had a crab on it.  A lot of people thought it was an octopus though.  Ha!

Jeralyn waiting for her party to start.

Eli and Josh sharing crackers.


I'm not sure what Jeralyn is doing in this photo, but let's just say she was definitely life of the party in her mermaid dress.  She's so fun!  

Our friends John and Joyce.

Opening presents.  Josh looks really excited, aye?


Our neighbors Dan and Kimberly.

Jeralyn blowing out her candles.  Happy 4th birthday, Jeralyn!

The party was a success.  Jeralyn loved her party and she kept on saying how much she liked the decorations and the cake.  She had lots of fun playing with her friends.

She is still very tall for her age.  She's in the 95+% for her height.  Everyone thinks she's a lot older than she is.  She's full of life and just loves to dance, color, hike with her daddy, and seriously, everything.  She's such a sweet blessing and we love her oh so much!  xoxo

1 comment:

  1. The party looked like such fun! Jeralyn sounds like such a joy!!

    ReplyDelete