Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Leaving Wrangell

Toward the end of 2008 Quent shared with his supervisor about his desire for more challenging work. He offered an opportunity to move to Ketchikan and work more closely with him. So final decisions were made, the movers were scheduled to pack us up, our house was put on the market, and we did some mental and emotional preparations for leaving our beloved Wrangell. This post is for all of those amazing people in Wrangell who we miss so very much! There will never be another place like it! We are so blessed to have been part of such an amazing community!

Here are a few of those amazing people:


This was my 2009 stamping club. There are some missing from the picture! I really miss these ladies! It was really hard telling them I was moving. You should have seen their faces! But I was fortunate to come back the last 3 months of the club to finish out my commitment to them. I was very thankful for them!


Me and Jenifer Gerald. So many people would mix us up. It was kinda hilarious! We were both pretty excited about the thunderstorm that rolled through Wrangell in early July. We were waving to one another from our decks. Miss you, Jenifer!


I could go on and on about this amazing lady. She's Susan, the wife of our pastor. (I should have gotten a picture with Kem, too!) I miss her so much!


Clay & Christopher (Susan's son). These guys are like brothers to me. Christopher reminds me SO much of my brother Matthew, so I even refer to Christopher as 'brother'. These two were always up to some prank. When I worked at the church as the secretary they would find ways to scare me. Christopher got me really good one time and I let out a shrill scream. Clay will always have a special place in my heart! Miss you guys so much!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment