Saturday, December 19, 2009

Glaciers


I believe this is a view of the upper reaches of the LeConte Glacier before is begins to crumble.


A study of fluid mechanics. The rugged ice on the right is LeConte Glacier dumping its contents into LeConte Bay. The smooth ice with dirt bands is the Chief Shakes Glacier flowing the opposite direction toward Chief Shakes Lake. The lake in turn drains into the Stikine River.


Another view of the photo above. That's LeConte Glacier in the background.


Ahh, this is a familiar sight for me. I was on the peak and ridges seen above the Popof Glacier a few years ago during an August goat hunt. A lot of good memories came back when I saw the familiar terrain. Sure was a nice flight and I can't wait for the next opportunity to explore this rugged terrain on foot.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment