Sunday, March 02, 2008

The Itch


After flying over snow covered peaks coming back from Ketchikan, I knew that I would have a hard time settling down and working for three hours. Since I had my hours in anway, I took the rest of the day off and went hiking. I had a new sleeping bag to try out anyway. (It worked great.)


I don't know how I ever climbed up mountains without my AT (Alpine Touring) gear. It makes a world of difference.


Popeye never looked better.


Slide! Being the safe guy I always am, the next morning I jumped the cornice and skied across the little slide path. I got another little sluff going but it wasn't as nice as the one above. The snowpack was hard with about four or five fluffy inches of fresh snow on top of it. Made for some fast skiing and easy hiking.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment