Sunday, March 02, 2008

Good Night!


The three sisters of Etolin Island, Virginia, Helen, and Bessie (l to r). As an added bonus, their vagabond brother, Red, makes an appearance on the right hand side.


As I scouted locations to spend the night some snow rolled down the hill. I thought it may make for an interesting photo opportunity so I took advantage of it.


When in doubt, find the highest point on the mountain and sleep there. Certainly not sound advice but that seems to be my motto. Used the flash to capture myself and then stepped out of the way and let the sensor expose the scene for a little more than 10 minutes. Should have let it go a little longer.


Another long exposure of Wrangell Peak and the snowmobilers on the Stikine River. If the stars look like they disappear on the right hand of the photo it is because they do. A cloud hovered over me and Wrangell Peak for most of the night.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment