Monday, February 04, 2008

Afternoon Ski Trip II



This reminded me a little bit of the black and white from January 5, under the heading of Skiing Part I. Certainly not as spectacular but it is still pretty in it's own regard.



The top of this cornice had patterns like these for about 70 feet. Etolin and Woronkofski Islands make up the background.



This little tree snag caught my eye. Shoemaker Harbor is visible on the near shoreline.



Chichigof Pass as the sun prepares to set. The sun was actually above the frame and wouldn't set for a little while. Unfortunately I had to leave but there would have been some spectacular light if I had stayed a little longer. As I was hiking down the trail I noticed through the trees that the hillsides were bathed a soft red hue.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment