Saturday, January 02, 2016

Fresh Snow 12.26-8.27.15


Jeralyn and Joshua made use of our new fallen snow down here at sea level.  Jeralyn went to work making snow angels, throwing snowballs at everything that moved and making a snowman.  Josh was content to be pulled in a sled.  

Here is Jeralyn skiing with her fancy lath poles custom made by Papa.  

On the 27th I got out with a few friends to check out what the snow looked like in the mountains.  It was much deeper than the backyard.  Could finally shortcut  uphill through the clear cut.  A few of the guys may have disputed the wisdom of doing so by the time we were done.  

Ian makes a kick turn in a scenic setting. The valley below holds the Brown Mountain Road.  Once again there was way too much snow to make it to the road and the snow machines proved very useful.  

Ian.  

Marvin, Ian, Mark and myself made up the ski group on this particular day.  Mark was along to take photos and video.  I'm looking forward to seeing the final product!  I wish I would have taken more photos of ski activities this day but I was having way too much fun with the deep powder.  

Unskinning ski at the top of Dude Mountain.  

Skiing the clearcut.  The surest way to determine if the day was exceptional is when the trip all the way down the mountain is worth mentioning.  

Marvin disappears amid the powder.  I have four or five consecutive photos where I can see nothing but powder.  


Ian makes his way down during the last run of the day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment