Friday, January 18, 2013

San Diego Zoo 1.2.13

One of the things we wanted to do when we were in California was to take Jeralyn to the San Diego Zoo.  She absolutely loves animals of all kinds and we thought she would really enjoy it.  And she did!  But unfortunately she started to get sick this day so I don't think she was as comfortable as she could have been. I felt so bad for her!  

The zoo was super cool for a lot of reasons, but one thing that really stood out to me was how natural of a setting it was.  The climate allows for so many different plants, such as bamboo.

The turtles were one of Jeralyn's favorites at the zoo.  She kept saying, "Sha-sha!" for Shelly.  She knows her favorite stuffed animal is a turtle.

Zebras are so cool!  My second favorite!


Jeralyn and I standing by an elephant statue.  This is when she started feeling worse in my opinion.

Our sweet little girl!


This is a 'secretary' bird.


And my favorite was the giraffe of course (since I collect them).  This was my first time seeing a giraffe up close and I loved it!  They were eating and it was fun to watch them.  Jeralyn was sleeping at this time.  

This picture is out of order.  But this is what she looked like while napping.  We tried to make her as comfortable as possible.

A Siberian Lynx.  This was Jeralyn's other favorite.  She made kissing noises to it and say, "Awww!" and leaned her head toward it.  So sweet!!

Right before we left the zoo we got her a stuffed animal that she showed interest in.  We felt so bad for how sad she was feeling.  She loved her little animal friend though!

No comments:

Post a Comment