Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Blue Lake 9.16.12

This post is totally out of order, but Quent has had some time to edit his recent/past photos, so I thought I would post these.  These are pictures he took when he went on a hike with a friend to Blue Lake on our beautiful island.  Thought some of you folks who want to see pictures of Alaska, mountains, snow, etc. would enjoy these:










I wanted to mention that a week after we misplaced Quent's camera, we went on a hike up Dude Mountain...with no camera (we didn't realize it was lost at this point).  It was a hike up into the alpine on a very beautiful day.  I kick myself for not bringing a camera (we were running out of time to get up the mountain at a decent time for Jeralyn's nap)...even my iPhone would have made for a great camera.  It was a hike I will never forget.  Even though Quent captures such beauty with his camera, being up on the mountains and seeing what it's really like first-hand is NOTHING to compare to photos.  It's incredibly amazing to be up there.  You feel as though you are a bird.  You feel this immense freedom and joy!  We walked along and I felt like a little kid again, just exploring the terrain.  Jeralyn loved it too!  She spotted all of the flowers (and there weren't that many).  I can't wait until we can go up again...maybe when the snow is gone.  Ha!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful hike! I love these photos and totally agree with the feeling of being in the mountains and enjoying our beautiful backyards!

    ReplyDelete