Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Black bear, black bear... 5.15.12

This morning at about 8:40 am I was feeding Jeralyn breakfast.  I happened to glance out the window and saw what I thought was a dog at first, but no, it was a BEAR!  It was slowly walking through, passed our house (going through part of our driveway) and then up the path between our house and our neighbors house.  It was in no hurry, but I was to grab my camera.  No dogs were barking.  Where are those annoying barking dogs that wake me early in the morning?  Time to take down the bird feeders (oh wait, we didn't even bother putting one up this year because of what's happened previous years), and time to store the garbage cans in our shed again, and time to arm one's self with a gun bear spray when playing in the yard.  Should I put a sign up in the yard for the bears that reads, "Beware of MOM!"?


1 comment:

  1. And I thought our raccoon problem in California was bad.

    ReplyDelete