Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Eating a pear 4.26.12

We are phasing out spoon-feeding and going onto more messy ways of eating.  She has been eating pureed foods from a spoon for 3.5 months now.  She's letting me know she's not interested in the spoon anymore.  So now I'm doing what is called "baby led weaning", or as some like to call it, "baby led solids".  I put a few things on her tray and let her decide.  It's MUCH easier than coaxing her to eat from the spoon!  It's messy, but fun to watch.  When she first starts eating, she will put the food to her lips and it's like the test to see if she wants to actually put it into her mouth.  Sometimes she does, sometimes she doesn't.  

This day I gave her a whole pear just for fun.  She enjoyed this!  I didn't phase out spoon feeding at this point, but a few days later I surrendered.  Ha!  I don't regret spoon-feeding her the first few months.  I would do it that way all over again.





1 comment:

  1. Cassie Webster5/12/2012 6:25 PM

    Hmmm... apparently Braedyn missed the part about him being the one that was supposed to wean from being spoon fed. :) Ugghh! Two and a half years later and we have such a hard time getting him to eat anything! If he does eat it, it's only because he can pick it up(dry cereal/crackers) or we spoon feed him. Be thankful for the messy good eater you have! ;)

    ReplyDelete