Sunday, October 17, 2010

Midnight Run 6.27.2010

Only Fools Run at Midnight. That's the name of the fun run 5K that Quent and I ran. It started at 11:59 pm. We forced ourselves to stay awake. We drove down to the Discovery Center, registered, and I got a free t-shirt. I was surprised how many young children were there, but it was so great to see families together for the event. You could dress up in costume for the run, but we just wore our "normal" running clothes. When the race started a big group of people sped off in front of us. I found a comfortable pace and Quent stayed with me. What a guy! We ran past bars and people stood outside giving us high-fives. It was fun! There was so much energy with people cheering us on and being with the other runners. We ran up a hill, which I hadn't done yet in my running career (which started in April). But it wasn't bad. The race really became interesting when a guy ran out of a car that pulled up wearing only a jock strap. It was interesting running behind him to say the least. I'm not sure if he was really part of the race, but I'm guessing not. It's a memory of the race I probably won't ever forget. Eeek! When Quent and I crossed the finish line we held hands and I jumped over the line. It felt GOOD!! It was so fun! Since we didn't bring a camera with us, we took pictures when we got home, which was close to 1:00 am.




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment