Sunday, October 04, 2009

Up the Ridge


Do you feel daredevilish? No, I don't think I actually said that, but I did think it.


I got tired and need a break and fortunately I convinced Bob that he should take a break as well. It was misty, damp, and foggy and I was sweating up a storm. The brush was so wet that I couldn't afford to take off my rain jacket but eventually the inside of my rain jacket got soaked from perspiration anyway. Sometimes you just can't win when playing the "dry" game, and this was one of those days. Fortunately I had a dry bag so at least I had dry clothes to change into for the following day and a nice dry sleeping bag as well.


That night we couldn't see much of anything but the following morning the clouds broke up a little and welcomed us to a lovely day. Yup, those are some faint rays of sunshine striking Bob and the tent. Really faint. In most parts of the country they would call that cloud induced shade but in SE, it qualifies as sunshine. In fact, any time you can see your shandow, no matter how faint, it means that the sun is shining. Bessie peak is in the background.


Bessie Peak at last. It didn't really take us too long to get up here. Just checked the time stamps on the photos - there was about two and a half hours between the first photo and the summit photo. When you consider packing up camp and breakfast, it must have been just over an hour hike to the summit.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment