Sunday, October 04, 2009

All Downhill from Here.


Alpine Lupine show off their dew from the mountain.


Bob poses next to one of many very old cairns along the ridge line. Just before getting to this level point on the ridge we had walked down a snowfield. Yeah, a little snow got into my sandles but it wasn't too bad. At some point I decided to sit down a see if I could pick up some speed going down the hill. I didn't get going too fast but it was still fun.


Back at came. I heated up some miniture ski poles for lunch (They are a little bit like spaghetti.) before packing up our gear and resuming our trip down the mountain.


Another very old cairn, this time on top of a boulder. We found one recent cairn as well right next to our campsite. Near this location we found wolf remains. Bob found a skull and I found a tooth or two. It was in pretty good condition, so we added it to our packs.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment