Sunday, October 04, 2009

Three Sisters Traverse


We were unsure as to whether we would even begin this trip. Bob was concerned about the weather, as was I. The forecast did not look real good but I was really anxious to do the trip because I know I didn't have many changes to do this kind of thing in my few months remaining in Wrangell. After a couple trips out the road, many evaluations of the forecast, we finally decided it was worth a shot. We would at least hike up to Bessie and if we were clouded in, we would hike back down the next day. This photo is of Zimovia Strait. My trusty orange boots rest on the floor of the boat.


Bob walks along the Kunk Trail, next to Kunk Creek. I like this photo but I have to admit, it was not intentional.


A bridge in need of replacement. One of the sills is being scoured out. If I remember correctly, the trail will be reconstructed in 2010.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment