Monday, June 23, 2008

Outside


I took the afternoon off because it was so nice. Plus I imagine I would have been distracted by the weather even if I did stay at the office. So Christina and I went for a drive and this was taken at the overlook rock pit. The narrows, Earl West and the shoulder of Berg Mountain are visible behind her.


After tromping around the coutryside during the afternoon, I decided to go skiing and started up the mountain at about 6:30pm. I found this flower at the very top in a somewhat surprising spot on a cliff without snow. After taking this photo, I turned to the left an took the two shots below.


The remains of a cornice.


Proof that I went skiing on June 19. I keep hearing rumors of people claiming that the snow has never stayed this late, and that this is the most snow we've had in their lifetime, etc. Well I'm here to tell them that there was more snow last year. I walked a number of bare spots that I skied last June 22. In fact, at roughly 1500 feet (the current snow line) there is 3-4 feet less snow than there was last year. That said, there is still a lot of snow, which makes me happy.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment