Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Black and White Snowscapes


Thought I would try my hand at converting a couple shots from my 12-19-07 ski trip to black and white. I was impressed with how much control I have with Photoshop CS3. It made the conversion quite simple (from a camera raw file). This is a wide angle that shows Woronkofski Island (center) and Etolin Island (left) from near the North Wrangell High Country Shelter.


The water was such a deep blue, it actually made this shot a little more difficult to convert without losing the island/water detail.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Your work is absolutely Beautiful! What type of camera re you using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Thanks for your compliemnt. We use a Canon XTi with a Canon EF24-105mm "L" lens attached most of the time although many of our landscapes come with the Canon EF-S10-22mm lens attached and many wildlife shots come from the Canon EF 100-400mm "L" lens. -Quent

    ReplyDelete