Friday, May 25, 2007

Ski Trip

May 21 before work I went up to the North Wrangell High Country Shelter to ski down. Had to get up pretty early so I could be at work at a reasonable time. This is a picture of the bridge at about 1000'. Looks like there is still about 5 feet of snow above the handrail. The stream above the bridge is completely covered and this is a stream that is big enough to go tubing in.

Notice the orange plastic on my feet. Yup, Garmont Adrenalines. Pretty nice boots. (Thank's for the recommendation Nate!) The nicest thing about them is that they are fully compatible with my snowshoes. That means I don't have to carry ski boots in my backpack. What a relief! Skiing down was trickly. Constantly changing from corn snow to crust on top of corn snow to hard icy snow, depending on where the shadows were. Should have waited a few hours but I didn't have that luxury on a Monday.

View of my snowcave... wait, what snowcave??? Yeah, even that is buried under about 10-15 feet of snow. About 18" of the outhouse door is now accessible.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment