Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Joel Elias 2.12.16

My water broke at 10:30 pm on Thursday, February 11th.  We wasted no time and left for the hospital.  The first 4 hours of labor was accompanied by mild contractions.  Lots of walking in the hall and talking to the nurses (which never happened with the other two labors).  The last 2 hours  (6 hours of labor total) were pretty crazy and intense...so when baby boy was born at 4:13 am, I was SO happy!!  Joel Elias was 7lb 4oz and 20 inches long--my smallest baby!

Quent took these first 3 photos while I was in labor.

Easy part of labor.  Ha!

I was texting family and friends letting them know it was happening.  We requested the Seal Pup room.  I've had all 3 kids in this room.  I thought that was cool!

Sweet little boy!

My friend Samantha holding Joel.

Jeralyn was so excited to meet her brother.  She brought Shelly and her own suitcase.  She brought us lots and lots of pictures she colored for us.  Joshua didn't get to come while I was in the hospital because he was getting over a cold.  I was bummed about that, but it was for the best.



And then for tradition's sake, Jeralyn ate my apple.  She did this after Joshua was born, too.  She remembered doing this and we talked about her coming and eating my apple weeks before I was due.  Such a great memory she has!









No comments:

Post a Comment