Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Joshua's Birth Day 3.18.14

When I ask Quent (which is quite often I realize) if he's "ready" (like to go to the store, out for a walk, etc.) he will respond, "I was born ready!"  Which means that he was born on his due date.  I was 5 days late, so I suppose I cannot share in that readiness.  Cough.  Anyway, now someone else in our family was also "born ready" since he was born on his due date.  

This is me, in labor, between a contraction, dilated to an 8.  I don't know why I am smiling.  Ha!  But really, this was an awesome labor.  Intense, but peaceful.  I even talked about having a 3rd child between contractions.  And I laughed.  This was SO different than my labor with Jeralyn.  Anyway...

And then Joshua Robert was born (long story shortened of course).  He was born at 8:03 am, weighing 8 lb 3 oz and 21 inches long.  He is perfect!

Those little toesies!

Quent captured me taking a photo with my phone.  This was the photo I emailed and texted to family and friends to announce his arrival.




He didn't like being poked, prodded, weighed or measured.  He's much more vocal than Jeralyn was at this point.

He's glad that was over.  Here he's with one of my favorite nurses, Tiffany.  Her middle name is Christina, so we pretty much hit it off right away.

Getting his feet printed.

His first bath.  He didn't mind it...too much.

I was told to sit in this chair while he was bathed...I happily obliged.


My babies...Jeralyn loved meeting her brother.

Here she is eating my apple that was part of my lunch.  So now when we go to the doctor she talks about eating an apple.  Silly girl!  Oh, and she brought Shelly, too!

I think she was "kissing" him in this photo.

And then we had some visitors.  This is my friend Samantha.

And our friend Vicky.

And here's Joshua, wide-eyed and ready to take on the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment