Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Leaving da U.P., aye? 9.26.12

Yoopers (people "native" to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan) really do have an accent.  I think it carries into Wisconsin and Minnesota, too.  Anyway, we left our beloved campsite at the Pictured Rocks early that morning.  We packed up everything we could except for the tent so Jeralyn could remain sleeping as long as possible.  It was a glorious morning!  We had a little rain shower that morning, but then the clouds cleared and there was this gorgeous sunrise!

This photo and my awesome (cough) landscape photography editing doesn't do the justice of what it really looked like.


And then we headed south toward Highway 2 and checked out the Cut River Bridge.  (I just have to make a comment here about this bridge. *clearing throat*  I am married to a civil engineer.  Therefore all bridges are these phenomenal structures that I (the non-engineer) could really (honestly) just drive over and think, "Wow, cool bridge!"  I feel the same way about dams.  "Oh wow, cool dam."  Then let's keep on keeping on, right? It's not that way with civil engineers.  They way to check it out.  Do some calculations.  Take a million pictures of it...  Okay, I made my comment...onto the next photo).  *smile*

We got out and walked down the trail (aka a million steps) to the beach.

Jeralyn felt like she weighed like a ton of bricks at this point.

Really neat designs in the sand.

She LOVED all of the beaches we took her to.  She is a girl after her mama's heart!  I can't wait to take her to a beach when it's warm enough to swim!



Beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment