Saturday, February 18, 2012

Not in the plan 2.12 thru 2.17.12

Remember how I said in my last post that I hadn't been feeling well for a few days?  Well, it led me to making the decision to head to the ER on Sunday night after seeing the symptoms on WebMD for appendicitis.  I know it's nothing to mess around with.  After a couple of cat scans, it was determined that I did indeed have appendicitis.  I had surgery Monday morning of the 13th and stayed at the hospital to recover until Friday the 17th.  The hardest thing about it was being away from my precious baby!  I'm so thankful that Nate and Annie were staying with us for the month of February, and so thankful Quent has the kind of job where they are understanding about him needing to stay home and take care of us.  I cried many tears this week (and still do) about being away from Jeralyn and about some changes the surgery has forced me to make.  And you wouldn't believe the tears that come when I read books like Guess How Much I Love You or sing songs like You Are My Sunshine to Jeralyn.  Even though I cannot carry or lift my baby girl, I find ways to snuggle with her.

Here are a couple of pictures of us from when Jeralyn visited me at the hospital:





The staff at the hospital loved when Jeralyn came to visit.  She lit up the place!  And she gave me this burst of strength and energy.  *tears*  Who knew that love like this could be so strong?  I am just so in love with this little girl!

I'm not sure how many pictures were taken of her while I was away, but I'll have to see what we have and post more soon.

Her tooth is *this* close to popping through!  Anytime now!!

I would appreciate your thoughts and prayers as I continue to recover and heal.  Thank you!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment