Friday, January 20, 2012

First Solids 1.10.12

I wanted to start feeding Jeralyn solids when she was 6 months, but there were certain hints that made me wonder if she was ready for the bowl & spoon.  First, we noticed her watching us eat, like she was real curious.  And when we would playfully put a spoon or cup toward her mouth, she would open wide.  It's like she knew!  I also felt that she was needing more, so we started solids a couple of weeks shy of 5 months.  I asked the pediatrician about solids and she said that it varies for each child.  Then she told us that she knows of a family who has fed moose heart to a baby the same age as Jeralyn.  Whoa!

She did super great with the first feeding!  I had read in some books that they might not "get it" right away and it might take a long time for the first feeding.  I also read that they might not be interested, but to keep trying.  But not this baby!  She. was. ready!!

Of course because it was so liquidity, she had a pretty messy face!



We were having fun!





I think she had a little spitting action in this one.  Haha!

So far she's had baby cereal, carrots, pears, and prunes.  I am making the baby food, which I enjoy!  Next food to try is avocado!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment