Friday, September 30, 2011

9.29.11

It's hard to believe she's already 5 weeks old.  It's going by so fast!  She's getting bigger, filling out more, and her features have become more "defined".  On Monday the 26th she started smiling at me.  Real smiles.  And you really have to work at it to get her to smile.  I don't think Quent has seen a genuine smile from her yet; he is still working on his high vocal chords since that's what really gets her smiling.  Ha!  When she smiles she reminds me of my brother Matthew when he was smiling at that age.  It's something about her eyes.  I'll have to do a photo comparison once she starts to smile more and more and we can capture her on camera.







She can have a very serious look about her.  Quent was talking to her about this one day.  Or rather, he was teasing me about it (since I'm a pretty serious looking person most of the time).  You can see in these pictures that she gets these "triangles" above her eyebrows, like she's in deep thought.  Quent was seeing if he could smooth out the triangles just like he does with me and sure enough she makes the same expression as I do when doing so.  It made me smile knowing that she looks like me, even if it is serious.  It's just the way we look--we cannot help it.  *smile*
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment