Sunday, November 22, 2009

Back to Wrangell


The jellyfish seemed to be posing as a starfish in this photo.


A Southeast Alaska waterway. I was supposed to fly back to Wrangell but Wrangell was completely socked in. So we landed at the airport in Petersburg. I walked over to the Alaska airlines ticket counter to see if I could catch a flight to Wrangell. But unfortunately the weather was so that not even a commercial jet could fly into Wrangell due to heavy fog. Eventually the wonderful Alaska Airlines folks invited me to catch a ride on a shuttle bus down to Banana Pt and from there to Wrangell with Breakaway Adventures. I was overjoyed.


Looking at the water and sky from Banana Pt.


I believe this is somewhere near Greys Pass as we were getting closer to Wrangell. Not long after this point visibility decreased to 100-200 feet all the to Wrangell. Happily we eventually made it home.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment